This Year, Wouldn’t You Like to Be “Done with Diets”?
Has your New Year’s resolution to “lose weight” failed you time and again? Have you tried every fad diet imaginable and still haven’t lost weight … or have you lost pounds, then gained them all back? Do you try to “eat healthy” but still have trouble shedding extra pounds? Is it possible to eat and be satisfied and still lose weight?
The word “diet” really just means “a way of life.” It doesn’t mean — as many of us have come to believe — “a painful time of depriving yourself in order to lose weight … so that you can then return to your old eating habits, and start all over again!”
For my Pittsburgh readers, on January 29, I will be teaching the basics of losing weight naturally and keeping it off at the “Done with Diets!” workshop. Tips, recipes, menu ideas and a healthy snack are included.
This workshop is for you if you:
* Are sick and tired of being “on a diet”
* Have tried more than one of the hundreds of “diets” out there (and have the bookshelf to prove it)
* Have hit a weight-loss plateau
* Keep clothes in different sizes, because your weight yo-yos
* Love to eat, but hate the taste of cardboard “diet foods”
* Do better losing weight when you have support from others
* Worry that weight gain will lead to health problems down the road … if it hasn’t already
If alarms went off as you read that list, you can be “Done with Diets!” in 2014! Here are the deets:
Done with Diets!
Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
The Nuin Center, 5655 Bryant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Register online — sign up with a friend and you’ll each save $5!
Hurry! Registration is limited, so please sign up by January 25.
And better yet: after the workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to join a “Done with Diets!” peer support group and check-in, offered monthly for a low fee. Being part of a group of folks with similar goals will help you stay motivated and stick to your guns. Details will be provided at the workshop.
I hope to see you soon — in the meantime, have a joyous, healthy new year!